Monday, July 22, 2013

State Reduction / Day 40

Day 40 - Friday July 19th
Today most of the work was again centered around the idea of reducing the number of states that JPF creates. There was a simple fix: I was not checking the relevance of the store instruction in the right spot. The idea is to break transitions only if the store instruction is storing into a watched variable (since now that we have a list, and won't print the other variables anyways, it makes no sense to break on all store instructions), but I was breaking all instructions, then checking to see if I should record the data--this was backwards. This put the state count at 15. I think I'm going to leave this issue alone for a bit (or ask around as to possible causes), because after looking at the code for 2 days I still don't have any other ideas, and it's pretty close to optimal. I can revisit this after a break, or if I get some new insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment